Everyone on Earth is genetically unique, meaning there’s no one else out there exactly like them—with the exception of identical twins, of course. Yet, you don’t have to actually be a twin to discover that someone else’s physical characteristics are, somehow, almost mirror images of your own.
These similarities are even more surprising when it comes to celebrities. With such memorable looks, you’d think it’d be impossible to have more than one! Still, these 20 everyday people from around the world somehow look identical to today’s biggest stars. These doppelgängers are so uncanny, you might think your eyes are playing tricks on you…
1. Morgan Freeman: While the acting abilities of Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman are undoubtedly one-of-a-kind, he himself might not be. Just wait until you see his doppelgänger! Surely people tell this talented cook just how much he resembles the Hollywood legend.
2. Jeff Goldblum: Jeff Goldblum is often regarded as one of Hollywood’s most quirky leading men. So who else could have possibly been graced with such unique taste? Well, this guy! Both men are incredibly stylish, so really, who’s to say they’re not long-lost twins existing in different parts of the world?
3. Britney Spears: During the late ’90s, Britney Spears took over the world with her catchy tunes and dance moves. Most of all, people couldn’t get over her naturally gorgeous looks. But slow down… she might have a Macedonian twin! The similarities are uncanny.
4. George Clooney: George Clooney has always been regarded for his good looks, so it’s strange to think that someone else in the world is just as handsome. If you were sitting on the subway and this man plopped down in the seat across from yours, would you be fooled?
5. Barack Obama: There are many defining characteristics about the former U.S. president. From his bright smile to his overall charm, you’d think he was completely unique. Not so fast! At first glance you might think that was Obama flashing a smile, but you’d be gravely mistaken. The man on the right is actually Indonesian.
6. Vladimir Putin: If there are any defining characteristics about the Russian president, it has to be his thin lips and receding hairline. Residents of this Chinese man’s hometown must wonder what Vladimir Putin was doing wandering around their neighborhood!
7. Angelina Jolie: You’d think that Angelina Jolie’s unique looks only came around once in a generation. Thankfully for this woman, it happened twice! Chelsea Marr has become quite a hit after people noticed that she looks exactly like the famous actress!
8. Jim Carrey: Jim Carrey is regarded in the comedy community for disappearing into his various roles. From the bowl cut he rocked in Dumb and Dumber to actually wearing a mask in The Mask, he always commits one hundred percent. But maybe he has some competition?
9. Leonardo DiCaprio: When Leonardo DiCaprio burst onto the scene, people couldn’t help but fall for his boyish good looks. With those deep-set eyes, he always left other people’s jaws on the floor. Well step aside, Leo; Swedish bartender Konrad Annerud is here!
10. Danny DeVito: Whether you know him as Frank Reynolds on It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia or as the father in Matilda, Danny DeVito hasn’t changed much over his long career. Who could possibly look like him? Well, this Brazilian man, who’s a dead ringer for the comedic actor!
11. Kendall Jenner: Kendall Jenner’s profile increased as she began her modeling career. Since then, she’s grown so famous that you might assume there’s no one else like her on Earth. You’d be wrong! Her Kardashi-Twin, Russian model Kate Bogucharskaia, will certainly give her a run for her money.
12. Matt Damon: Thanks to his boyish looks and bright smile, you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who didn’t recognize Matt Damon immediately. While his doppelgänger obviously has a darker skin tone, almost every other feature is the same. How ’bout them apples?
13. Hugh Laurie: Everyone remembers Hugh Laurie as the witty star of the TV show House. Yet, have you heard of his long-lost twin? Well, technically he doesn’t have one, but there’s certainly a close match. Should Hugh ever need a body double, there’s this guy!
14. Taylor Swift: This songwriter may be known for reinventing herself, but don’t confuse her with her doppelgänger, April Gloria, who frequently cosplays as the famous pop star.
15. Brad Pitt: Brad Pitt is regarded as one of the most attractive men in the world. Yet one man proves that the Hollywood actor’s not the only one with chiseled good looks! He definitely gives Pitt a run for his money.
16. B.J. Novak: If there’s one person who would enjoy seeing more of Ryan Howard in The Office‘s upcoming reboot, it’s definitely writer, co-executive producer, and star B.J. Novak. Should he get tired of all his roles, he knows he has a stunt double in this guy!
17. The Cowardly Lion: It must have taken this doppelgänger a lot of courage to admit he looks like the timid big cat from The Wizard of Oz. The resemblance is right on! Just look at that expression. Rawr!
18. Harry Styles: Teenage girls must be beside themselves when they run into this One Direction lookalike. He might not be able to hit the same notes or perform at all, but what he lacks in talent, he makes up for in good looks.
19. Jack Black: This guy looks so similar to comedian and musician Jack Black that you have to wonder if he plays guitar and sings in a Tenacious D cover band called Determined D. He could make a killing!
20. Woody: There are good celebrities to look like, then there are just bizarre ones. This guy who looks like Woody from Toy Story definitely falls into the latter. Kids at Disney must ask for his autograph all the time!
There are just so many similarities between these everyday people and their celebrity counterparts. They must get mistaken for each other all the time!
Share these celebrity doppelgängers with your friends below!